May 3, 2011

Smack Dab in the Middle

This post has nothing to do with cookies or eating there of. I am trying to distract myself from editing my books Angel Diaries and Iwishacana/Acanawishi. Yeah, the editing process, fun right?

Fellow writers can attest to that level of fun, right? Maybe not.

Anyway, this is what my story look like right now:

Laura walked to her attic, her heart beating a little bit more each step toward the past she most desperately avoided. And when she creaked the door open, she winced when seeing a torn picture staring at her; mocking her in its apparent youth when she has lost her own twenty years ago. Laura picked it up as her wedding band glittered in the dim light. She shook her head as she looked at her own energetic smile, her own bright brown eyes and the wonderful stick figure that she missed so much, since having two children ruined it. Then Laura squinted at the bright shiny marching band uniform that had shined so bright people squinted every time they saw her up close. Laura then caressed the other half of the picture that was hopelessly lost forever, remembering the night her husband ripped it off cruelly in one of the many fights they had since the course of her marriage.


Pretty colors huh? Can anyone guess at what I'm doing to my poor stories? Highlighting just for fun? Grammar perfectionist should get what I'm doing instantly. That's right: I'm correcting my mechanics problem. Did anyone get essays back and was completely confused by the low points in mechanics?

Well, glad I'm not the only one confused by teacher gibber gabber. To clarify, mechanics is grammar and punctuation. Boring. I never liked grammar to be honest, so not surprising I have trouble with it. Don't get me wrong, I can identify the different parts of speech but other than that, I'm lacking. Therefore, I'm determined to correct every grammatical error in my stories. Now that's dededication eh?

Especially since I'm doing it by hand. Yeah, I know I'm a perfectionist at heart. I don't trust the program to do it for me, so I'm doing it myself. Besides, Microsoft Word highlights it until I start correcting it then it mysteriously disappears. So I have to do it by hand. However, don't worry, I'm halfway through the two books, almost done writing V, thank God.

V is, to date, the hardest book I've ever written. I guess because it's so darn complicated. Layer after layer of symbols and allusions to other novels. I do that for Angel Diaries too but it's so hidden that I doubt people will be able to see it. I am willing to see if anybody gets it though. Anyway, I hope V turns out the way I want it to. I guess I won't know until I get it completed. And see what y'all think about it.

I've also worked on the catchy lines on that will be on the covers of the books. Tell me what you think:

Angel Diaries: This is no fairy tale . . .

Iwishacana/Acanawishi: Iwishacana is the place where real dreams come true.

V: V doesn't stand for Vathory High but something much more sinister . . .

Well, that's all I have for today. Maybe one more thing . . .

Ding dong the terrorist is dead! Which old terrorist? Osama bin Laden! Ding dong the wicked terrorist is dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment